Night Sanitation- Sioux Falls
A great job-and a great future-awaits you at Smithfield Foods. As the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer, we’re a $15-billion global food company with more than 52,000 employees worldwide. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, SD is now hiring full-time Sanitation/Night Clean-Up workers to work in our food manufacturing plant.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits among the best in the industry
- A variety of career paths, including:
- Quality Assurance/Food Safety
- Hog Procurement
- Opportunities for career growth
- Tuition assistance
The starting pay rate for Night Sanitation is $18.85 per hour. In addition, you would receive an additional shift differential of $0.25 per hour, plus a $0.75 premium pay.
The primary function of this position is to clean, maintain and sanitize production machines, equipment, tools and work areas according to a set schedule and in emergency and non-emergency situations ensuring GMP and quality standards are met to maintain an efficient flow of the production process.
- Promptly at the start of the shift review the work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations.
- Prepare machinery for cleaning, remove remaining materials from the machines and floors and place in the proper containers.
- Remove totes and other containers from the machine area, close valves, open doors, lids, drains and water valves.
- Breakdown, disassemble and / or loosen nuts, screws, belts, remove machine parts, conveyors, guard rails, lids, doors and guards.
- Blow down the production equipment, conveyors and machinery with the compressed air tool as required.
- Scrape material from the machine parts, shovel excess into totes and soak parts as needed
- Obtain and apply the appropriate cleaning and sanitizing solution, apply foam to the surfaces, scrub surfaces and parts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Climbing or moving on ladders, steps, stairways, walkways, and platforms.
- Occasionally lift, lower and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Using static or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, flexing the hands and arms to perform work.
- A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force, movement and repetition.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.