CDL Driver - Logistics
This position will report to the Logistic Manager and will have accountability for operating trucks .
- Transporting goods to and from distributors to rail or final delivery
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues
- Meet or exceed delivery schedules
- Comply with DOT rules and Regulations as well as company policies
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Report defects, accidents and violations
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections
- Complete all company and DOT required paperwork
- Ensure containers meet USDA loading requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Proven work experience as a driver - minimum 2 years
- At least 5 years of Verifiable Work History
- Meet DOT requirements
- No DUI/DWI or reckless driving convictions in last 10 years
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License
- Must meet DOT age requirement of 21
- Valid Medical Card
- Clean Driving Record History
- Must pass MVR requirements as per company policy
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Self- motivated, results driven
- Effective oral communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to operate RR apps
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work long hours, some weekends and climb in out of vehicles and containers
- Ability to lock pins, secure with zip-ties and lock container doors
- Must be able to pass a DOT Physical upon initial hire
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.