Associate Commodities Analyst
A Smithfield Foods’ Associate Commodities Analyst is responsible for several integral support functions for the Risk Management, Commodities Pricing, and Hedging Analysis functions. This individual will plan and coordinate the activities for the Commodities team that will facilitate more efficient information for the group. Success in this role will be defined as leading the tactical, daily support activities that drives this department to the next level!
$46,500 - $77,500
- Works independently on a variety of processes and data preparation related to the Commodities and Hedging.
- Develop strategies using data gather by team, keeping pulse of market competitive intelligence.
- Ability to identify new opportunities and, with support of local leadership, implement strategic solutions.
- Proactively oversees and maintains an accurate and detailed calendar of activities, deliverables, and obligations in service of management and implementation within the department.
- Communicates concerns, inconsistencies, opportunities, or questions to appropriate stakeholders should they arise.
- Accountable for various daily, weekly, and monthly processes as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Finance or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office: EXCEL, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to analyze, and input data accurately and efficiently and must.
- Detail oriented, organized with ability to successfully multi-task and think differently to drive innovative ideas.
- Positive, tenacious attitude; strong verbal and written communication, and project management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and preference for collaboration with proven success working with others; ability to work with high profile individuals externally, as well as collaborate internally. Discretion, good judgment ability, adaptable and versatile individual.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.