Associate Maintenance Planner/Scheduler
A great job and a great future await you at Smithfield Foods. As the world’s largest pork processor and largest hog producer in the United States, we’re a $16 billion global food company with more than 55,000 employees. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
Our team members receive industry-competitive salaries and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
- Eligble for Overtime Pay
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional development, and tuition assistance.
Are you a creative, self-driven engineering professional that thrives in fast-paced environments; cultivating new ideas, and collaborating with key stakeholders to expand a business? Then join one of the country’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
As part of our Engineering team, you would analyze data, draft implementation plans for production process optimization. Seeking out ways to maximize efficiencies by eliminating the waste of valuable resources that directly impact our overall operating costs. You are instrumental to the manufacturing of Smithfield, Eckrich, Nathan’s Famous, and our other product brands, to meet the needs of our customers and consumers.
The Maintenance Planner Scheduler is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work control processes by managing work priority, developing job plans, defining parts, materials, crafts and skills. Assigns work control plans to appropriate Supervisors for execution by the hourly maintenance staff. Provides equipment-related expertise and technical guidance on improving maintenance activities. This position is the owner / manager of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) at the plant level.
Salary Range$24.03 - $39.66/hour
- Plans all maintenance with special attention to regulatory requirements that may apply, e.g. OSHA rules, EPA regulations, USDA requirements, state and local environmental regulations. Ensures all safety requirements are clearly defined in all maintenance planning.
- Develops and maintains planned and predictive maintenance procedures and routes as required.
- Ensures the availability of all materials and tools necessary to complete planned tasks in advance by running reports and interfacing with storeroom personnel.
- Prioritizes all planned work orders.
- Trains maintenance personnel in proper maintenance reporting procedures for out-of-specification findings, and in the use of CMMS software as a maintenance management tool.
- Reviews completed work orders for completeness and accuracy, updates and supervises updating of machinery history data in the CMMS system. Analyzes historical data in order to take action to mitigate reoccurring issues.
- Generates reports to keep the maintenance management team informed of work progress and future work schedules. Keeps informed of maintenance personnel vacation schedules.
- Updates the CMMS system equipment including machinery data, machinery history, and spare parts lists.
- Produces a weekly maintenance work schedule as well as a projected work schedule. Using the CMMS system, forecasts work force needs for equipment maintenance. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- May perform supervisory duties in lieu of Maintenance Supervisor absence.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years of plant maintenance experience, required.
- AA preferred, but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, Internet and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, required.
- Project management software experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the CMMS system, preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.