Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Talent Acquisition team is growing and searching for ambitious candidates to join their everyday mission to discover, assess, and hire great talent. This team is responsible for delivering an exceptional recruitment experience for candidates and hiring managers. You would be instrumental in achieving Smithfield’s goal to become the #1 consumer packaged goods company in the world!
The primary focus of the Talent Acquisition Specialist is to attract and hire a qualified pool of talent through innovative approaches to the market. This position works closely with HR Managers and Hiring Managers to understand workforce needs and candidate profile to develop an approach to filling the pipeline with qualified individuals from diverse candidate pools.
- Partner with HR managers to create and execute innovative recruiting strategies that fill vacant positions.
- Identify and screen high caliber candidates that match our job qualifications and experience requirements.
- Provide recruitment consulting and guidance to hiring managers to support our full cycle recruitment including sourcing, assessment, and selection to recruit top talent in an efficient, cost-effective, and value-add manner.
- Maybe responsible for initiating and reviewing background checks and scheduling candidates for orientation.
- Develop candidate pools through various sourcing methods to include job boards, online sourcing websites, social media, networking, external referrals, employee referrals, recruitment fairs, professional associations/organizations, college alumni/associations, diversity sourcing, etc.
- Well-developed knowledge of all full lifecycle recruiting components to include, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis and labor market dynamics.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships related to the recruitment process which may include hiring managers, HR managers, industry contacts, candidates, etc.
- Office out of plant(s) environment and spend time understanding the various positions we typically hire to improve hiring fit and reduce turnover.
- Assists in oversight and maintenance of affirmative action data to ensure compliance in all recruitment, promotions, and transfer processes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 2+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and employment regulations and policies, required.
- Knowledge and past use of a server-based applicant tracking system, preferred
- Fundamental interviewing skills experience, preferred
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism, discretion and ability to self-manage his/her time from remote locations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Travel up to 25% to conduct regional HR recruiting events or work temporarily in another location to meet company hiring needs. Overnight travel required.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.