Integrated Business Planning Analyst
The Integrated Business Planning team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Integrated Business Planning Analyst will be responsible for actively supporting company goals in the analysis of business operations that minimize company cost, maximize process efficiencies, and improve the customer experience with Smithfield. This position will engage in cross departmental communication in order to provide analytical support for continuous supply chain improvement. The analyst will be a key support role for analyzing business results and tracking key targets for the Sales and Supply Chain Organization. This position provides reporting to various cross functional teams and levels. This individual will also aid with research and resolve analysis of sales reporting, sales forecasting, systems functionality, as well as ad hoc analysis.
- Builds pieces of a new integrated business planning model for demand, supply, and manufacturing using Anaplan software.
- Mines any necessary data system (SAP, SAP BW, ROC, Reporter, etc.) and translates large transactional data sets into meaningful reports, scorecards, analytics, and metrics to support process improvements and create direction.
- Leads and prepares key performance indicator reporting.
- Provides weekly/monthly detailed analyzed reports for top customers activity.
- Develops seamless and effective processes to coordinate shift of data to cross functional teams.
- Analyzes supply chain activities in an effort to identify problematic areas and assesses the status for benefit realization and effectiveness of process improvement efforts.
- Gains knowledge of process functions through cross departmental communication in order to map out supply chain operations and works with the Supply Chain team, as well as all impacted parties (plants, engineers, cost accounting, etc.), to develop viable recommendations for improving the accuracy and reliability of the processes and ensures recommendations can be implemented with minimal capital expenditures.
- Utilizes self-prepared analysis and presents strategic recommendations to upper management and business teams.
- Continually assesses, designs, refines and implements improved business processes that satisfy Sales and Supply Chain reporting.
- Manages forecasting process for sales channels, business groups, weekly sales updates and month end recaps.
- Supports the Integrated Business Planning team initiative of ensuring production occurs at the closest location to the customer.
- Participates as necessary in any internal and external audit support role for Logistics team related audits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 2+years’ relevant experience in an analytical role; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Knowledge of supply chain process flow and customer relations from a supply chain perspective.
- Must be skilled in computer and software applications, which are critical in order to effectively, execute the job. i.e., SAP/BW, Microsoft Suite
- Strong expertise in Excel is required.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with experience involving customer contact, problem resolution, and related product knowledge.
- Capable of learning new IT systems as tasking and management data needs evolve.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Must display an aptitude and eagerness for learning and developing new business and technical skills quickly, strong problem-solving skills, show initiative, great attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.