COVID Monitor Testing Lead
The COVID Monitor Testing Lead will be responsible for the observation of the testing process, recording tests results and oversight of any other testing monitors onsite. Including, but not limited to providing instructions on the testing process, confirming employee identifications, recording test results, collecting vaccination status information and other duties related to the onsite testing process. Succe
- Provides testing materials and instructions to employees on the testing process
- Observes the testing procedure to ensure the correct procedure is followed
- Ensures affirmative identification of an employee
- Verifies COVID testing results
- Documents that the employee tested and the test result in the company tracking system
- Ensures that the testing area is sanitized after each test is conducted
- Always maintains the testing area as a safe environment
- Maintains all test results in strict confidence and provides only to specified management personnel
- Managing test kit material inventory and ordering supplies
- Coordinates the activities of all other testing monitors
- Ensures onsite testing monitors follow all processes and procedures
- Assists in collecting vaccination status and documentation
- Responsible for required reporting to state and local health departments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 1 year of experience working in an administrative role in a field requiring confidentiality, such as human resources, medical office/health care, education or another related field.
- Willing and able to adhere to strict COVID safety protocols
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and data analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, innovation, and ability to operate autonomously
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plant, Farm, Office working environment. Work will primarily be located in a testing environment that may include but not limited to an office, clinic, hallway, or other various types of testing area designations
Supervises all testing monitors onsite, number will vary by location.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.