Plant Inventory Planning Supervisor
This position is directly responsible for inventory management within the facility.
- Responsibilities include management of all inventories to ensure rotational requirements are met
- Ensure load planning functions are being completed timely and accurately
- Responsible for monitoring inventory levels within facility to ensure they do not breach critical limits
- Communicates critical requirements to scheduling and operations to ensure on-time loading
- Responsible for ensuring proper inventory rotation is being maintained within the facility
- Ensures production schedules are meeting necessary requirements for outbound shipments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years of related experience, required.
- In lieu of a High School Diploma or GED, candidate must have 4 years of manufacturing industry experience in a production environment and a minimum of 2 years related experience leading or supervising others.
- Bachelor's degree and previous leadership experience; preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP, Internet, Spreadsheet, Word and Order processing, and Inventory software, preferred.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to develop positive relationships when part of a dynamic and cross-functional team.
- Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and reporting lines.
- Effective critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills with demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite: including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- General knowledge of SAP.
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
This role will supervise Load Planners and Inventory Verifiers.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.