Career Foundation Program (CFP) - Hog Production & Feed Mill - Midwest Region - Laverne, OK
As a Career Foundation Program (CFP) Associate, you are sponsored and supported by our Organization’s Senior Leaders along with an assigned mentor and program manager to partner with as you launch your career. This 18 – 24-month training program will develop you into the future leaders of our company. The program is designed for top talent who seek a performance-based culture that is built on Responsibility, Operational Excellence and Innovation (ROI).
During your 18 – 24-months you will learn from Smithfield Foods leaders, hear from industry experts, and roll up your sleeves to experience the many functional areas of the company. You will engage in challenging and dynamic experiences throughout various Smithfield Foods business areas, locations, and functional groups broken down by Track:
• Hog Production or
• Feed Mill
You will be expected to provide business support and thought-leadership to the company throughout the program and beyond. As a CFP Associate you will add value as a full-time employee from day one, doing real work, and delivering real results.
At the conclusion of 24 months, you will be placed into a role where you can add immediate value based on your track assignment and Smithfield Foods business needs. Your career journey from that point forward is completely in your hands. You are not limited to a set path.
The Career Foundation Program is divided into function-specific tracks from which you can launch your career journey at Smithfield Foods. These tracks are designed to guide placement following the program.
• Hog Production Track – including rotations through Breeding, Farrowing and Head of Department or
• Feed Mill Track – including rotations through Receiving, Batching, Load Out, Mill Manager Skills and Relief Supervisor
The CFP Associate contributes to the department’s achievement of goals by problem solving, leading projects, executing short-term and long-term responsibilities, and delivering results that exceed expectations. The Career Foundation Program is designed for high potential college/university graduates who can quickly adapt to new environments and deliver contributions to the departments for which they are assigned. In a fast past-paced, results-oriented environment, the successful incumbent will complete the program and be ready for assignments commensurate with their Smithfield CFP work experience (18-24 months of relevant work experience).
As a Hog Production CFP Associate you will be prepared to become a Farm Manager in our hog production system. You will learn and be challenged to become a manager at an accelerated pace. With direct supervisor support and training you will begin to take on all duties and responsibilities during this time.
- Learns, demonstrates capability/knowledge and becomes certified in all farm department areas including fulfilling all the requirements and responsibilities listed under the Breeding/Farrowing and Nursery/Finishing job description.
- Gains a solid understanding of and ability to implement company systems such as pig production processes, animal flow, farm health, genetics, husbandry, etc.
- Performs and masters all hourly jobs under supervision. Becomes certified in each job after showing competence and skill/understanding in each.
- Works as a team player in the accomplishment of daily work requirements and farm goals.
- Develops and establishes rapport/relationships with all personnel and management.
- Develops and prepares required reports on experiences encountered and addresses/shares opportunities for improvement.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as defined by management according to standards.
- Responsible for being in compliance with all environmental laws and procedures to which Smithfield LLC subscribes.
- Complete Standardized Training and Assessment Program.
- Incumbent will be responsible for understanding and complying with company IPS, biosecurity, animal welfare, and EMS policies and procedures in the performance of their job duties.
- Report all environmental, animal care, and biosecurity issues immediately to their supervisor.
- Perform the responsibilities as the acting Head Of Department as needed by management.
- Be on call to work in emergency situations such as alarm calls, inclement weather, power outages, personnel shortages, and environmental emergencies.
- Responsible for progression in the Manager Training development program. Report any issue that interferes with completion of development program to Human Resources.
- Read and understand the company’s emergency notification process and will be responsible for reviewing that policy at their work site.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college, required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism, discretion and ability to self-manage his/her time from remote locations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Travel and periodic overnight travel when applicable.
- Currently authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office, facility and laboratory environment to include lifting, stretching, bending, reaching, walking, climbing, travel by car and aircraft when applicable.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.