Career Foundation Program (CFP) - Supply Chain (Fall 2021 and/or Spring 2022 Graduates)
As a Career Foundation Program (CFP) Associate, you are sponsored and supported by our Organization’s Senior Leaders along with an assigned mentor and program manager to partner with as you launch your career. This 18 – 24-month training program will develop you into the future leaders of our company. The program is designed for top talent who seek a performance-based culture that is built on Responsibility, Operational Excellence and Innovation (ROI).
During your 18 – 24-months you will learn from Smithfield Foods leaders, hear from industry experts, and roll up your sleeves to experience the many functional areas of the company. You will engage in challenging and dynamic experiences throughout various Smithfield Foods business areas, locations, and functional groups broken down by Track including:
- Sales & Business
- Supply Chain
- Operations Engineering
- Hog Procurement
- Operations Finance
- Distribution Center
- Hog Production
- Feed Mill
- Operations Human Resources
You will be expected to provide business support and thought-leadership to the company throughout the program and beyond. As a CFP Associate you will add value as a full-time employee from day one, doing real work, and delivering real results.
At the conclusion of 24 months, you will be placed into a role where you can add immediate value based on your track assignment and Smithfield Foods business needs. Your career journey from that point forward is completely in your hands. You are not limited to a set path.
The Career Foundation Program is divided into function-specific tracks from which you can launch your career journey at Smithfield Foods. These tracks are designed to guide placement following the program.
- Sales & Business Track – including rotations through Business Management, Sales and Marketing
- Operations Track – including rotations through Continuous Improvement, Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental & Safety, Logistics, and Manufacturing
- Hog Procurement Track – including rotations through Hog Purchasing, Meat Quality, and Hog and Farm Contract Negotiations
- Distribution Center Track – including rotations through Distribution Services, Inventory Control and Supervision
- Supply Chain Track –including rotations through Demand Planning, Transportation and Supply Planning
- Operations Engineering Track – including rotations through Engineering Orientation to include exposure to IE/Quality/Production; Corporate Project Work and Supervision
- Operations Finance Track – including rotations through Plant Finance and Accounting, and Corporate Finance and Accounting
- Hog Production Track – including rotations through Breeding, Farrowing and Head of Department
- Feed Mill Track – including rotations through Receiving, Batching, Load Out, Mill Manager Skills and Relief Supervisor
- Operations Human Resources Track - including rotations through Plant Operations, HR Operations and HR Generalist functions
The CFP Associate contributes to the department’s achievement of goals by problem solving, leading projects, executing short-term and long-term responsibilities, and delivering results that exceed expectations. The Career Foundation Program is designed for high potential college/university graduates who can quickly adapt to new environments and deliver contributions to the departments for which they are assigned. In a fast past-paced, results-oriented environment, the successful incumbent will complete the program and be ready for assignments commensurate with their Smithfield CFP work experience (18-24 months of relevant work experience).
As a Supply Chain CFP Associate you will experience the key fundamentals of the business through rotations in Demand Planning, Transportation and Supply Planning. During your rotations you will gain exposure to inventory for our distribution centers and plants, understand the company’s performance metrics including fill rate, distress, efficiencies and customer fill rate objectives with goal to meet and exceed. CFP Associates work with our partners in key customers to gain the knowledge and expertise needed for a smooth transition into a permanent role.
- Decide finished goods needed to support customer orders, forecasted demand & inventory stocking requirements From the Consensus Demand Plan
- Establish reorder quantities for finished goods, while considering supply lead time, warehouse and transportation constraints.
- Actively interact with demand management, manufacturing, quality, warehousing & transportation to solve finished goods issues & consumption patterns.
- Measure, analyze, and report key process metrics, while monitoring adherence to key performance indicators (KPI) that are assigned to the assigned product categories.
- Identify possible material shortages against inventory plans and develop action items.
- Responsible for long-term capacity status, weekly category KPI updates, product shortage reporting & ad-hoc daily information flow amongst supply. planning partners (Demand Planning, Customer Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Business Management).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college/university.
- Be able to relocate one to two times during rotation.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism, discretion and ability to self-manage his/her time from remote locations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Travel up to 15-25% of time. Periodic overnight travel required.
- Currently authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.