Sales Account Manager
As a Sales Team member, your primary responsibility would be introducing and placing new products with customers, executing organizational initiatives, and driving sales on key items with strategic customers for long-term growth. Whether it is bacon, ham, fresh pork or another product category you will work directly with the customers and cross-functional with everyone from Business Management to our Plant Operations to deliver the service and products to our customers and consumers.
This position will support a Sales Director, Regional Sales Manager, or National Accounts Manager for a specific account(s). The individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships with assigned key customers through daily corporate to corporate contact to communicate pricing, product availability, and order management. The primary responsibility will be introducing and placing new products with customers, executing organizational initiatives, and driving sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth.
Direct Sales Responsibility
- Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of consumer goods to key customers.
- Develops and achieves maximum sales volume consistent with realistic sales projections for accounts served.
- Maintain business with existing accounts for continued growth.
Communications and Product Management
- Maintain current knowledge of Smithfield’s product management and research and development efforts in order to increase sales and satisfy customer requests for new items.
- Develop working relations with personnel at various levels in order to communicate product availability, logistics information, product specifications, and pricing as needed.
Customer Service Issues
- Ensure prompt and equitable disposition of customer complaints or problems; this may require communication with corporate headquarters.
- Serves as backup for other sales associates as necessary
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and minimum of 3+ year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must understand the dynamics of the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling, which may include IRI, Neilsen and Perishable Group data.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- May travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.