Data Analytics Analyst
As a Data Analyst in the Finance Data Analytics department, you will be responsible for maintaining, improving, and building new reporting capabilities for cross-functional areas of the business. By developing a deep understanding of operational processes and needs, you will be responsible for implementing new reporting capabilities and using technology to deliver impactful reports. You will partner with teams in various functional areas of the business to implement process improvements that will streamline the efficiency and accuracy of the reporting process. You will be responsible to delivering daily, weekly, and monthly reports accurately and on time. You will also be involved in ad hoc analysis of large datasets to quickly provide insight into the business.
- Function as an analytics and reporting expert for assigned functions by executing standard reports and, running / maintaining ad hoc queries.
- Participate in the development of reports, metrics, models, scorecards, and dashboards by gathering data and transforming it into stories and insights that drive business recommendations and decision-making.
- Publish daily, weekly, and monthly reports accurately and on time
- Build reports and dashboards in Microsoft Power BI, Analysis for Office, Bex, and other reporting tools
- Participate in hosted training sessions on how to use the various tools and reports created by the department
- Generate load files for various systems, maintaining system accuracy
- Communicate effectively with report stakeholders to ensure strong understanding of the methodology behind all calculations
- Perform ad hoc analysis using data from various systems and explain results of analysis to all levels of management
- Create SOPs and maintain documentation for processes
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve processes, increase data integrity, and provide quality customer service to our business partners.
- Provide comprehensive analytical and fact-based reporting to support and/or identify opportunities to impact operational results, make changes to processes, and support strategic initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Accounting/Finance, Computer Science/Data Analytics or related field and 2+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, required.
- Ability to build models using advanced features of Excel.
- Relevant experience in Finance, preferably within Supply Chain at a CPG.
- Experience with Power BI / Tableau, Power Pivot, SAP, SAP Analysis for Office, BPC, Bex Query Designer.
- Experience in analyzing data within relational database systems such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Experience with ETL Tools such as Alteryx, Paxata, DataGuru or equivalent technologies, preferred.
- Understanding of Windows environment command line tools, .BAT files, and Task Scheduler, preferred.
- Experience with Data analysis in Python using Pandas/Numpy/Jupyter Notebooks, preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business logic.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with superb attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Up to 10% travel required.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.