The HR Coordinator will provide administrative assistance to the plant Human Resources department. This position will focus on recruiting, policy and procedure administration, training, and various administrative duties. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well organized and have worked in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment. Candidate must have a solid foundation and understanding of Human Resources. This role is a stepping-stone for highly driven candidates to learn the organization and grow a career in Human Resources.
- Answers routine questions and inquires that require knowledge of established deparmental procedures and familiarity with operations and programs within human resources.
- Provides customer service and problem solving for employees by assisting in resolution of questions or complaints.
- Assists in pre-employment screening, applicant assessments and employment verifications.
- Processes human resource documentation for new hires, including I-9 compliance.
- May review employment applications/resumes and interview applicants.
- Enters employee data into HRIS, including: on-boarding information, disciplinary action notes, address changes, telephone number changes, etc.
- Assists in the coordination of the plant employee benefit program.
- Assists in sick leave and leave of absence program, family and medical leave administration, benefit continuation and premium payment tracking.
- Enters daily attendance information.
- Assists in preparation of orientation and/or training documentation.
- Conducts follow up exit interviews.
- Completes special assignments and projects as required. May research files for difficult-to-find data.
- Perform tasks and other administrative projects as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Ability to be organized, flexible and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work with all levels of an organization and manage up effectively.
- Solid understanding of Human Resources functions and requirements.
- Ability to deal with and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Outstanding motivation skills and positive attitude required.
- Previous SAP/HCM system experience a preferred.
- Previous Applicant Tracking System, (iCIMS) experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Preferably bi-lingual in Spanish or another language.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.