2nd shift-Refrigeration/Boiler Technician
This individual will perform the duties of a Refrigeration/Boiler Technician and assist other maintenance personnel on his/her shift.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Have or be able to attain RETA certification
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership skills and follow safe work practices
- Work as part of a team to plan and conduct equipment repairs
- Conduct routine audits and equipment inspections
- Demonstrate troubleshooting abilities
- Maintain open and professional line of communication with operations
- Respond to unplanned/emergency work requests in a timely & effective manner
- Follow food safety and good manufacturing practices
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+ years of related experience and/or training in an industrial mechanical maintenance or food manufacturing environment; or 4 years’ direct experience in an industrial mechanical maintenance or food manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Industrial maintenance experience should include comprehensive knowledge in three or more of the following areas:
- RETA Certification
- Ammonia Refrigeration
- Engine & Boiler systems
- Electricity & motor controls
- Controls & instrumentation
- PLC/software & hardware
- Pneumatics & Hydraulics
- Mechanical systems
- Predictive/Predictive maintenance
- Maintenance Planning
- Site utilities
- System analysis & troubleshooting
- Pipefitting & welding
- Metal fabrication
Basic computer skills and the ability to work independently are also required for this position.
Preference will be given to candidates with a certification or degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance and/or related college or technical level course work.
This is a full time hourly position; all applicants should be willing to work all shifts (days/evenings/overnights), extended hours and weekends.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.